Whether you’re booking a bus to transport 52 school children on a field trip, or a sedan to shuttle an executive across town, you want to be sure the experience is as safe as possible for everyone involved.
But how do you know if your transportation company is up to snuff? Start with their USDOT safety record and then, to ride in confidence, ask the carrier these ten questions before you book:
- Are all your drivers drug tested and background checked?
- What happens if I have an after-hours emergency? Will someone answer the phone to help us?
- How do we know our driver isn’t overly tired and will be alert for our drive?
- Are your vehicles safe? How often are they inspected? Do you have in-house mechanics that maintain them?
- What happens if we get a late start–will we be rushing to get to our destination?
- Who drives the larger vehicles in your fleet? How can I be sure they have had appropriate training?
- How do you ensure we won’t get lost on our trip?
- How do you hold your drivers accountable for appropriate behavior?
- Do you carry insurance? How much?
- What’s your safety record? How long have you maintained it, and with how many vehicles?
And in case you’re wondering, why yes, we are prepared to answer those questions ourselves. Check out our safety commitment, or simply give us a call to ask!